On August 7, Avascent Analytics released an update to the 050 dataset now available on the website, 050.avascent.com. Below are highlights of updates that will feature in this new dataset, though a complete description of the changes is provided in the memo linked below:
- Fiscal Year 2013 Sequestration: Avascent has integrated the effects of the sequester, as reported by the Department of Defense, to the U.S. Systems data;
- Fiscal Year 2014 Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) Spending: The new dataset also includes an exact representation of the fiscal year 2014 overseas contingency operations (OCO) impact on programs;
- Program Updates: The new dataset updates contractor information on various programs that have been awarded following competitive processes among customers in both the United States and other countries;
- Rationalization of System Name: Avascent has made improvements to the System Name field in numerous data records. This data scrub will allow users to make better use of this field to align spending for particular programs or devices in a common view;
- Prime Contractor Identification: This dataset includes a sharpening of contractor identification at the prime level. This will allow 050 users to roll-up contractor market share either at the prime or the subcontractor level with greater accuracy.
The next dataset is planned to be released mid-October and will have some new improvements and data expansion. The Avascent Analytics team will be working on (1) adding new countries in the international dataset, (2) improving our sourcing and assumptions on individual programs, and (3) improvements to the “Award Date Confidence” field.
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.