On November 19th, Avascent sponsored the Defense One Summit in Washington, D.C. This year’s event gathered an elite audience of more than 400 senior military, defense and national security stakeholders to explore the changing “purpose” of the U.S. military in the new global security architecture. Speakers from industry included William “Bill” Lynn III, CEO of Finmeccanica North America and DRS Technologies, Inc., and Ellen Lord, President and CEO of Textron Systems. Speakers from government included:
- General Ray Odierno, U.S. Army Chief of Staff
- Senator Tim Kaine, D-Va.
- Congressman Adam Schiff, D-Calif.
- General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Samantha Power, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- Michael Vickers, Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence
- Arati Prabhakar, Director, Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency
- Robert Work, Deputy Secretary of Defense
Watch the full summit here.