Defense Budget Explorer
Avascent’s Defense Budget Explorer is a free tool that helps executives and analysts quickly understand the composition of the investment budget plans of the US Defense Department (DoD).
The DoD publishes detailed information on spending plans in congressional justification documents, but the information is presented and organized in ways that do not meet the needs of most professionals who depend on it. That is where our Defense Budget Explorer comes in.
What Does Our Defense Budget Explorer Provide?
The Defense Budget Explorer allows users to highlight and visualize DoD modernization programs at the level of the Program Element (PE).
With this tool you can:
- Group program elements in various categories, such as:
- Service customer
- Budget account and sub-account
- Major program franchise
- Group program elements by broad capability categories, e.g.:
- Readily see how the DoD plans to increase or decrease spending over the Future Years Defense Plan
Who Does Our Defense Budget Explorer Help?
Many professionals across multiple industries benefit from having more details of the DoD’s proposed spending plans.
- Think Tanks
Professionals who will find value in being able to easily parse through the DoD’s information with the Defense Budget Explorer include:
- Defense Industry Executives
- Pentagon and Defense Reporters
- Defense Analysts
- Congressional Staff
Need Even More In-depth Information?
While we offer our Defense Budget Explorer as a free resource, Avascent provides a much more powerful version of the tool to its Avascent Analytics clients.
Our more advanced resource provides in-depth visibility into DoD investment accounts, allowing users to:
- Isolate more specific categories of investment
- Highlight programs associated with major contractors, and
- See budget plans in both dollars and units acquired
If you would like to learn more, please fill out the form below and one of our Avascent Analytics experts will get back to you.