Avascent on the Record: COVID-19’s Impact on the Commercial Rotorcraft Market
During this episode of Avascent’s On The Record Podcast, Avascent Research Associate Alix Leboulanger sat down with Hamilton Cook to break down the impact of COVID-19 on the commercial rotorcraft markets as a result of the collapse of the oil.
In addition, they also discuss the implications this is having overall in a kickoff to a mini-series on COVID and commercial aviation.
Specifically they discuss:
- The disruption of major rotorcraft markets by the dueling crises
- How the emergency and medical services market is serving as a bright spot for the industry
- Rotorcraft OEMs focusing on military customers as launching point for next generation offerings like the Airbus H160 and the Bell 525
- The impact of previously delayed backorders upon future production lines as customers look to diversify fleets
- The underlying threat of falling availability rates and rising costs on newer platforms as customer budgets see greater constraints
Listen below or download on iTunes or Android.