Avascent Engaged by the Government of Canada in Support of the Innovation Supercluster Initiative
Avascent provides rigorous analytics and advice for the Innovation Supercluster Initiative
OTTAWA, ON – Avascent, the leading global aerospace, defense and government consultancy, is pleased to announce that it recently completed work in support of the Government of Canada’s Innovation Supercluster Initiative (ISI). The Initiative was launched by the Government of Canada to accelerate the growth and development of business-led innovation superclusters in Canada, translating the strengths of innovation ecosystems into new commercial and global opportunities for growth and competitiveness.
Michael Petric, head of Avascent’s Ottawa office said, “Avascent was pleased to be engaged by the Government of Canada to analyze the Innovation Supercluster Initiative (ISI) and its prospects for promoting the Canadian economy. We undertook a rigorous assessment based on deep research into the markets, modeling possible economic outcomes, and evaluating the impact of the proposed investments. Based on that work, we concluded that these investments can have a significant, positive, and enduring impact for Canadians.”
Avascent applauds Canada’s recently announced Canada’s five superclusters:
- The Ocean Supercluster (based in Atlantic Canada) will use innovation to improve competitiveness in Canada’s ocean-based industries, including fisheries, oil and gas, and clean energy;
- The SCALE.AI Supercluster (based in Quebec) will make Canada a world-leading exporter by building intelligent supply chains through artificial intelligence and robotics;
- The Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster (based in Ontario) will connect Canada’s technology strengths to our manufacturing industry to make Canada a world manufacturing leader in the economy of tomorrow;
- The Protein Industries Supercluster (based in the Prairies) will make Canada a leading source for plant proteins and help feed the world;
- The Digital Technology Supercluster (based in British Columbia) will use big data and digital technologies to unlock new potential in important sectors like healthcare, forestry, and manufacturing.
The Innovation Superclusters Initiative is a centrepiece of the Government of Canada’s Innovation and Skills Plan, a multi-year strategy to prepare Canada for the innovative jobs of today and tomorrow. Additional remarks from those involved with the Initiative can be found here.