Interns & Recent Graduates
We hire Summer Interns and full-time Analysts in the Fall, Spring, and Winter.
At Avascent, our Interns and Analysts are part of the team. You will:
- Participate in our comprehensive two-week training program that ensures you’re ready to drive value from your first day on the project.
- Work as an integral member of our Project Teams, with real responsibility, and get hands-on experience consulting for clients.
- Our Interns are fully paid and are eligible to receive a Return Offer to join the Avascent team full-time.
Check your school’s job board (e.g., Handshake, Simplicity) for our posting and more information. Don’t see our posting there? You’ll still have the opportunity to apply for our positions – check our job listings for roles that include “Open Call” in the title and submit your application!
Launch Your Career
Avascent is the leading consulting firm serving clients addressing the needs of governments around the world. What does that mean?
We help clients solve the most challenging Issues in technology, finance, and policy, and there’s no one like us.
- You’ll learn a lot, have real responsibility, and work on interesting projects.
- We’ll give you room to grow and teams that will develop and challenge you.
- We’ll set you up for the next step – whether it’s attending top business schools, starting your own space company, or becoming a leading cartoon animator, the skills you learn with us will carry you forward.
Build Your Community
We empower you to:
- Build meaningful relationships with your project teams, forge friendships, and find mentors that last well beyond your time with us.
- Build a better Avascent by joining our internal initiatives, including Women’s Forum, Diversity and Inclusion Council, and the Avascent Gives committee.
- Build and serve the communities we’re a part of through Days of Service, Casual for a Cause Fridays, and pro bono consulting opportunities.
Come join our community – we’ll help you find your space
Meet at the Crossroads
We listen, draw insight, and partner with clients through a deep understanding of their industries and the government customers they serve.
Here’s what we’ve been up to lately:
- Build the business case for investing in commercial spaceflight, space tourism, and bases on the moon
- Help leading healthcare services providers better serve our veterans and expand their capabilities
- Replace the US Postal Service’s trucks with state-of-the-art, hybrid vehicles
- Forecast how major national defense programs will evolve over the next decade to meet tomorrow’s threat
We need smart, motivated people to join our team and reach new heights
Meet Some of Our People
There’s no typical day at Avascent. Click the images below to learn how some of our Analysts spend their days supporting our Project Teams, answering client questions, and building a better Avascent.
How We Hire
Avascent invites a select few candidates to join the firm each year. A structured, two-phase interview process enables us to assess your capabilities and provides you a window into our work and our culture, ensuring that we are a good fit for one another:
The Application phase requires submitting a resume, cover letter, and an unofficial transcript.
First Round Interviews
The Resume Interview gives us a chance to learn about your background, experience, career interest, and how they might align with working at Avascent.
The Case Interview walks you through a typical Avascent project and the types of questions we try to answer.
No prior knowledge is necessary to do well on the case – we’re assessing your critical thinking skills and how you tackle the problems we face. You can review a sample Avascent case here:
Final Round Interviews
A Peer Interview with a junior team member includes a series of behavior- and scenario-based questions and the sharing of a project deliverable to discuss the process for producing it.
Senior or Manager Interviews uncover your capabilities, motivation, and work-style preferences.
A Career Interview with a Talent Acquisition team member focuses on your capabilities, broader career interests, and overall alignment with Avascent.
Lunch or Coffee with additional team members gives you an opportunity to ask any questions about the company, our work, and our people.
Ask Us Anything
We’re here to help you through the application and interview process and hope the above information answers any questions you have. If you still have questions on the interview process or working at Avascent, feel free to ask us anything that’s on your mind, and a member of the team will get back to you soon: