Interns & Recent Graduates
Avascent has recently been acquired by Oliver Wyman, effective November 1, 2022. Please visit oliverwyman.com/careers for available opportunities.
Launch Your Career
Avascent is the leading consulting firm serving clients addressing the needs of governments around the world. What does that mean?
We help clients solve the most challenging Issues in technology, finance, and policy, and there’s no one like us.
- You’ll learn a lot, have real responsibility, and work on interesting projects.
- We’ll give you room to grow and teams that will develop and challenge you.
- We’ll set you up for the next step – whether it’s attending top business schools, starting your own space company, or becoming a leading cartoon animator, the skills you learn with us will carry you forward.
Build Your Community
We empower you to:
- Build meaningful relationships with your project teams, forge friendships, and find mentors that last well beyond your time with us.
- Build a better Avascent by joining our internal initiatives, including Women’s Forum, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Council, and the Avascent Gives committee.
- Build and serve the communities we’re a part of through Days of Service, Casual for a Cause Fridays, and pro bono consulting opportunities.
Come join our community – we’ll help you find your space.
Meet at the Crossroads
We listen, draw insight, and partner with clients through a deep understanding of their industries and the government customers they serve.
Here’s what we’ve been up to lately:
- Build the business case for investing in commercial spaceflight, space tourism, and bases on the moon
- Help leading healthcare services providers better serve our veterans and expand their capabilities
- Replace the US Postal Service’s trucks with state-of-the-art, hybrid vehicles
- Forecast how major national defense programs will evolve over the next decade to meet tomorrow’s threat
We need smart, motivated people to join our team and reach new heights.
How We Hire
Avascent invites a select few candidates to join the firm each year. A structured, two-phase interview process enables us to assess your capabilities and provides you a window into our work and our culture, ensuring that we are a good fit for one another:
The Application phase requires submitting a resume, cover letter, and an unofficial transcript.
First Round Interviews
The First Round consists of Case and Resume interviews. The Case Interview walks you through a typical Avascent project and the types of questions we try to answer. The Resume Interview gives you a chance to talk through your resume and explain how your background, experience, and career interests align with working at Avascent.
You will also be paired with an Interview Buddy – a Junior Analyst that can answer any questions you have about the firm, our work, the culture, etc. They’re a resource for you to lean on, so reach out to them!
No prior knowledge is necessary to do well on the case – we’re assessing your critical thinking skills and how you tackle the problems we face. You can review a sample Avascent case here:
Final Round Interviews
A Peer Interview with a junior team member includes a series of behavior- and scenario-based questions and the sharing of a project deliverable to discuss the process for producing it.
Senior or Manager Interviews uncover your capabilities, motivation, and work-style preferences.
A Career Interview with a Talent Acquisition team member focuses on your capabilities, broader career interests, and overall alignment with Avascent.