Sustainability and Impact
Avascent advises on sustainability, climate, environmental, social, and governance (ESG), and impact challenges facing corporations, private equity firms, and impact investors. We help clients drive positive impact in ways that create value and generate positive returns for society and the environment.
Governments, investors, and employees alike are increasingly demanding that organizations consider sustainability and ESG. A robust strategy around these topics not only mitigates risks but also offers significant value creation opportunities to grow market share, reach new markets, access additional funding, and attract and retain top talent.
From sustainable air travel to heath equity to workforce development, we provide clients with pragmatic, actionable insights and tools to build more resilient, sustainable futures.
Our Sustainability and Impact Services
- Collaborate to develop a sustainability or ESG strategy that strengthens your core business and is tailored to your market and stakeholder ecosystem.
- Create sustainability or ESG business case, identify differentiation, select metrics and goals, and develop roadmap and investments needed for success.
- Identify key partners or coalitions to accelerate your sustainability or ESG strategy, knowing that systematic change usually extends beyond the capabilities of a single company or fund.
- Discern criteria, rationale, and best methods for collaboration, such as strategic alliances, joint ventures, or M&A.
ESG Due Diligence
- Complete rigorous, independent due diligence assessment of the environmental, social, and governance aspects of the target company to better inform the buyside or sellside transaction process.
- Uncover key qualitative and quantitative data which can inform a more robust, analytical value creation plan for management holding period.
ESG Value Creation Plan
- Develop an ESG/sustainability strategy within the context of a rigorous materiality assessment, existing capabilities and program portfolio, competitive dynamics, and evolving market environment.
- Review company alignment with emerging government policy and investment priorities to get ahead of changing customer requirements and to capitalize on new growth opportunities.
- Pinpoint opportunities to improve workforce or environmental competitiveness through diagnostic of existing capabilities and tailored improvement plan.
- Assess the target company against the Impact Management Project’s five dimensions of impact to better understand the historical and expected impact on people and planet.
- Evaluate company’s existing impact measurement and management processes and collect and assess feedback from critical stakeholders.
Impact Value Creation Plan
- Develop a corporate strategy that considers mission, existing capabilities and program portfolio, key stakeholder needs, and short and long-term growth opportunities presented by the evolving market environment.
- Identify a roadmap and actions needed to scale impact, with particular emphasis on how the public sector can play a role on the path to scale.
- Create or enhance your fund ESG strategy and program, including ESG policy development, framework and metrics selection, and system and processes for monitoring.
- Define firm or fund-specific impact assessment methodology to underwrite stated impact strategy and goals.
- Benchmark the sustainability/ESG activities and outcomes of your company or firm against industry best practices and peers.
- Gain insights into what to do (or not to do) that can inform your own sustainability/ESG strategy or program.
Our Sustainability and Impact Experts
Tim leads the M&A and Transaction Support practice at Avascent, providing transaction and strategic advisory services to leading private equity and corporate development teams around the world.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & HEAD OF THE LONDON OFFICE
Joe leads the London office, supporting strategic and private equity clients pursuing organic and inorganic growth strategies.
SENIOR DIRECTOR & HEAD OF THE PARIS
Pierre-Jean is the head of Avascent’s Paris office with experience in M&A, competitive intelligence and strategy/corporate development.
Alessandra supports public and private sector clients with socio-economic impact assessments, stakeholder management and consultations, and sustainable technology and industrial strategies.